Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Lenten Resolutions...

Reader(s), the last few weeks have been hell.

The curly-haired miscreant that calls himself my co-host has been offering pillows, soothing words, even sung a lullaby or two.

This is because I have given up sleeping in for Lent.

Now, for a normal person, this would not be considered difficult. They would merely go to sleep earlier and wake up at a Jesus-approved hour. I, however, am not a normal person, and I do not have a normal co-host.

Though I expect an equally verbose counter-argument from Matt, I want to get the word in edgewise that I have been sticking whole-heartedly to this resolution, though the bags under my eyes are hanging somewhere down around my knees. Even over the time change weekend, I braved the rest of that Sunday with three hours of quality snooze under my belt.

Reader(s), you will be sad to hear that Matt has not. He's been eating fish from day one, saying that it's not really meat (though it looks awfully like meat to me). And, though he would tell you he was force-fed chicken by his otherwise lovely hosts at Massey College, I assure you that this is not the case.

I write this not as libel but as a warning to you - when MALITM (BATN) hits the cast-waves, know that Matt is a liar and a cheat and any news that comes from his mouth is probably grossly misinterpreted (and might smell slightly of roast beef).

A lesser person would have given up, but not me, dear reader(s).

I love you too much.

A vindictive Lauren.

No comments: