Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tell Me Lies, Exonerating Lies

First and foremost, I feel I must apologize. Matt is working his ass off, blogging up a storm, while I shamefully enjoy the creature comforts of home, mainly ice-cold lemonade and lots of XBOX.

But I am back, newslings, and ready to defend Conrad Black's honour once again. Not that I really need to, thanks to Edward Greenspan.

After The Toronto Star reported on May 10th that Greenspan got Lord Black's ex-partner-turned-traitor David Radler to admit to lying on the witness stand, things have really started to look up for Conrad (not that they really looked down before. I mean, the legal system would never convict someone who was perfectly innocent. Oh, shut up, Milgaard).

Today, the Globe stated that Judge Amy St. Eve put the smackdown on Radler after another of his whiny tirades that the trial's defense lawyers (this time John Boultbee's attorney, Gus Newman) weren't asking the questions properly.

The Honourable St. Eve was reported to have said [slightly paraphrased], "Radler, shut yo' mouth, and answer the questions."

If Radler wanted to avoid answering pressing questions, he could have pulled an Alberto R. Gonzales - I mean, how easy would it have been to say, "I do remember advising non-compete payments, but I don't remember to whom, or where, or what suit I was wearing, or how many pieces of gum were stuck under the desk..."

Oh God. I should totally get this information to Conrad. Apparently, it seems more and more likely that Lord Black will take to the witness stand himself.

Not that he'd lie on the stand, of course. He's no Radler.

No comments: