Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hillary and You (and I)

So Hillary Clinton's campaign song has been chosen. Her formidable campaign machine was shushed in favour of the dear public casting their vote for their favourite tune. She has chosen You and I by (in)famous songstress Celine Dion...who has mostly been disowned in her native Quebec/Canada, partially because of chest-thumping and her creepy husband. Admittedly you can see why Hillary Clinton wants to be associated with this song.

Or is it that this song was originally used in an Air Canada ad? So Hillary has chosen to associate herself with a bloated domestic Canadian carrier, that has very little love at home. It is derided both as a former Crown Corporation ("Damn pinko bastards!" I hear) and for the general surly-ness of current staff. That's what critics say though, I mean, supporters look to...well they have some carriers associated with nifty music Jazz and Tango.

So there you go, Hillary is saying I'm part of the left-wing vestiges, can be cranky but I dig funky music. Hillary '08.


Digg!

No comments: